Vexilar FL-18 PROPACK II
Vexilar FL-18 PROPACK II reviews:
Vexilar FL-18 PROPACK II details:
Reliability and great performance in all weather conditions make the Vexilar FL-18 PROPACK II a true winner with hardcore anglers. The FL‑18 was the world’s first flasher/fish finder with Auto Zoom and Bottom Lock. Auto Zoom allows you to closely examine the bottom six foot column of water. Bottom Lock for summer fishing allows you to stay locked in on the bottom regardless of the boat’s motion.
The FL-18 boasts features and performance previously not available on a three-color flasher depth finder / fish finder. The FL-18 offers a patented split screen flasher display. This allows you to zoom-in on the bottom six feet while watching the entire water column at the same time in real time! You will be amazed at the performance for bass fishing, walleye fishing, and pan fish on both open water and ice fishing. The Bottom Lock feature stays locked on the bottom even as the boat is bouncing up and down in big waves! The Auto Zoom mode is fantastic for watching Perch or Walleye while ice fishing. These fish commonly hold tight on the bottom, and with a target ID of less than 1/2 inch, the FL-18 makes them easy to spot! And that’s not all. The FL-18 depth finder / fish finder is equipped with features like a built-in shallow water mode for fishing waters under 15 feet. Five depth scales down to 200 feet for the standard model. Built-in interference rejection. A three color LED readout that tells you if the targets you see are weak (green) medium (orange) or strong (red). This three color LED technology has proven to be the most reliable and accurate way of understanding where fish are holding.
The Pro Pack Carry is one of Vexilar’s most popular carry case systems, it can be used to carry any of Vexilar’s popular Flashers. The Pro Pack is made of a tough durable plastic blend that does not crack in the cold. It fits into a five gallon bucket and has a 12 volt 9 amp hour battery & charger pre-installed in the back of the system for easy access. The Pro Pack comes with one Rod holder but has positions to mount another with pre-tapped holes for mounting other accessories like the Flex-light, Glo-Ring and beverage holder. The Pro Pack comes with a screw-eye over hole transducer holder or you can you the classic float to suspend your IceDucer. The Pro Pack comes standard with a Vexilar Tackle Box and easy to use cable management system. Also note this model has the DD-100 that gives a digital depth display and battery status is standard on Pro Packs. This model Pro Pack comes with a versatile 12 degree Iceducer transducer. Protect your investment with the addition of a Soft Pack Carry case (SP0007) sold separately. This system is ready to use right out of the box!
– Auto Zoom Mode (AZ) – Gives a half screen zoom window of the bottom six feet of depth. No matter if you’re in 10 feet or 100 feet, the bottom six feet always fills half of the screen. This gives you resolution never before possible in deep water
– Bottom Lock Mode (BL) – Works the same as Auto Zoom, but locks the bottom so it will not move with changes in depth or boat motion. For use in open water only.
– Low Power Mode (LP) – Reduces the output power by 50%. This feature takes the place of the Vexilar S-Cable. Both the AZ and BL modes are available within the LP mode.
– Super Bright and Rock Solid Display – The new Light Emitting Diodes along with a high power driver circuit and a screaming fast wheel speed gives the FL-18s display unmatched brightness and signal clarity.
– Five Depth Ranges – The Standard FL-18 includes 20′, 40′, 60′, 80′, and 200 foot ranges. The Deep Range unit includes 30′, 60′, 90′, and 120 foot ranges.
– Interference Rejection – Pressing in on the Gain knob cycles you through ten different IR setting to allow you to knock out interference from another close by depth finder.
– Vexilar 12 volt, 9 amp-hour battery delivers long lasting power. Pack comes complete with charger.
– FL Digital Depth Indicator. Gives depth and helps keep track of your battery level.
– Two cable holding cleats.
– Adjustable rod holder with two possible mounting locations.
– The patented Ice-Ducer system is a self leveling transducer with float for accurate transducer positioning every time.
– Easy access to tackle box
– Pro Pack case fits inside a five gallon bucket.
– Pre-drilled holes for optional accessories
– Universal transducer holder (on the back)
– Two-year warranty (Pro-rated on battery)
Vexilar FL-18 PROPACK II Video:
Vexilar FL-18 PROPACK II Reviews:
Easy to use
Best locator I ever owned. 35 below and it worked great.
The light on the read out is too bright, could use a dimmer for night fishing. Other than that I love it.
This is the unit all others are compared to, fantastic product.
This is the product that I heard about all winter. All I can say is WOW, now I know why this unit is all the talk and now I own one for less than what I could buy one for locally.
This item is great, the ability to keep interference away from other devices when marking fish works great. Can’t wait to use the bottom lock mode in Canada in June with the boat.
Catching more fish
Works great and I would not own one without the depth gauge on it, kinda hard to understand on depths over 40ft for me but might get use to it later on only have fished with it twice and it has help me catch more fish when fishing in 20ft of water.
VEXILAR FOR FISHING
Easy to use ,so helpful, not clumsy.. durable
great product, easy to use, love the digital depth on the left side
He loved it
I bought this for my husband as a birthday present. He loved it and we went ice fishing the very next day. Didn’t catch anything but was fun to watch!
best buy for your money
best buy for your money. the autozoom is awesome for perch and eyes. i wish i would have had it last year when the bite was a lot better. having the digital depth read out is a lot quicker then looking at the flasher, not that it doesn’t tell you the same thing though. the spot for the tackle box is really handy i ended up putting most of my jigs in there instead of my main tackle box just so i have one less thing to carry.
I can't believe I ever ice fished without one
I can’t believe I ever tried to ice fish without this. It made an odd rubbing/grinding noise at first, I called the manufacturer and they did say it was normal for the first few uses while the brushes get broken in so don’t be alarmed. This unit also makes a humming sound when it is on, that is totally normal, you will quickly associate it with fish. The zoom feature that blows up the bottom 6 ft of the water column is amazing, you can see everything come right off the bottom, now the only trick is giving them something they want to eat.